A Grey Meret Beret

Once again, for the record, she was very happy to pose with the hat on her head, but apparently 'serious' was the look she was trying to achieve.  And achieve she did.  The grey Meret beret was two days of leisurely knitting, and believe me when I say the pattern was mindless.  Using a hank of Berroco Vintage - a wool/acryclic blend - I cast on the medium size, but followed the large size body with an extra pattern repeat for extra slouchiness.  It was meant for the oldest, but she has thick, long, curly hair that can not be contained with this size of beret, so I will be casting on for a second extra, extra, extra slouchy Meret beret.  I can do this.

N

5 comments:

Kristi aka Fiber Fool said...

It looks like she's been studying the knitting mags! The hat looks great on her - just the right about of slouchy.

LaurieM said...

Awesome! The photograhy very much reminds me of something BrooklynTweed might knit. :)

Lori said...

Love it! I love the serious knitting-mag pose she's worked out.

I think I need one of these for my own self with my huge head of curly hair. :)

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Love love love love that hat. Love love love the look on her face.

xo

knitty_kat said...

If you should happen to need a large headed curly haired person to model, let me know. I may even crack a smile!

It looks awesome doodle!