Loose Ends

These socks have been sitting in my knitting pile for a while now.  In fact I've probably only had to knit the toe on the second sock for two weeks.  Wednesday night while at Ignite London, I finished the toe, but I set aside the grafting until I was safely at home.  Well I got home, and they were set aside again until Saturday morning.  They fit the oldest perfectly.  Those are size 9 feet, my friends!   I shall not feel too guilty when I send her off at an ungodly hour each morning to the bus stop.  Her feet will be toasty.   Of course she can not wear this pair every day, so I will have to get moving on another pair.  If she's especially nice, I will lend her my size 8 socks in between. :)

The pattern is Wildflower by Fawn Pea, and they were very simple and mindless.  Really.  That one stitch is just purling 3 stitches together, leaving them on the left hand needle, bringing the yarn over, and purling the same 3 stitches together again.  Oh Nelly, it was easy.  I used up some unnaturally green Knit Picks Palette fingering-weight wool.  The wool was super cheap, but it is not superwash nor does it have a wee bit o' nylon.  Ack, it's what we get for $3 (I only used a ball and a half).   Oh but they will be warm, and that's all that matters at this point.  I really don't mind handwashing socks.  Really.

Happy Sunday.

N

5 comments:

Unknown said...

sweet love the colour - stopped knitting socks for my eldest - he's in a mens size 11 now

LaurieM said...

They're lovely socks!! She'll be clamoring for more in no time. There was frost on my car last week....

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Those are really super cute socks. I like Knit Picks yarn. Cute pattern too!

OzB said...

That's a cute pattern. They do fit perfectly. Nice job :-)

knitty_kat said...

Seriously? I had no idea you enjoyed hand washing socks so much . . . I'll bring mine over next time!