Some Fun on a Monday










Yesterday we had some 'work' to do.  While the eldest volunteered at a craft station, the littlest and I took pictures.   Well, I snapped away while she played.  I admit I did some colouring too.  We had a lot of fun despite the Bee having a crick in her neck.  When we got home, I heated up one of the ol' rice socks, and she wore it around her neck to bed.  I felt so badly for her, but she didn't once complain.   And that outfit?   Oh boy, does she ever get lots of remarks, but she's got a 14-year old sister!  We've been noticing a trend around here of some slight copying with a little 8-year old jazz sprinkled throughout.   And we are big advocates of allowing our children to choose their own clothes except when they're 14 dressed like they're 18.  Besides, I'm nowhere near her at school, so it's not bothering me if she wears short over leggings with several different stripes. :)   And she loves scarves - this one in particular is made more special because it is El's scarf that was kindly lent to her for just the evening.   The Bee also does her own hair.  I love that she packs her fashion design book in her school knapsack because she's always thinking up new styles, and you never know when inspiration will strike.  Y'all best keep your eye out for this one!  I'm seeing snowflake tank tops and skirts made of streamers in the near future.

N

2 comments:

LaurieM said...

Jealous! That looks like way more fun than my Monday evening was.

Plus, raising boys is no fun in the clothes department. Especially with my conservative gang. Everything must be plain and the colors must be manly. The wildest we get around here is an orange t-shirt, or a tone-on-tone graphic.

OzB said...

Ya, jealous over here too...but in a good way :-)

You and Bee always have so much fun together. You're like best friends! It's so lovely :-)

Big gold star for Mum!