Thanksgiving







Yesterday while the turkey cooked all afternoon, we went for a long hike in the woods as we do every year.  Despite being a third into October, the sun was shining, and it was quite hot.  I wish I had worn a light cotton skirt and a t-shirt instead of jeans and a long-sleeved shirt.  Thankfully I left the sweaters in the car! :)  And today is just as warm again.  The littlest had to run back home from the park to put her shorts on.  It's all so lovely!  The colours of the leaves, the leaves sprinkling the ground, the smell of turkey leftovers, sipping on cinnamon spice tea, and knitting in the sun.  The girls are out playing with their friends.  The house is so quiet.  It's making me a bit sleepy.

 It's been a while since I've posted any finished knitting!  Last week I did finish another Meret beret for a gift, and I am only a handful of rows away from finishing a third Mara shawl.  These are two excellent patterns that I am destined to repeat knit.  After some thought, I realized that I do have some stand-by projects to which I keep coming back.  I'm thinking the clapotis, anything Elizabeth Zimmermann, the purl bee cowl,  the mittens from Knitting Pretty . . . 

Here's a few freebies on my to-do list:
So much gift knitting to do!

Here's to another week.  Cheers!
N

2 comments:

Knit and Purl Mama said...

Another Mara! Oh wow. Cant wait to see this one done. And another beret! You're on a roll girl!

Great freebies on your to-do list. I love the Pebble Vest, must find time to knit one for baby 3. I wonder what size it goes up to. No way Sean would wear one though.

That's odd that Laura has 2 versions of the simple yet effective shawl on ravelry. One is free and the other is 3.50$. I wonder what the difference is?!

knitty_kat said...

Happy Gobble Gobble - sounds like it was a fab one!